While multiple people have come together to help launch OregonAnimation, we wanted to call out Oregon Films for their contribution to bringing this community to life.
Supporting Oregons Production industry since 1968, Oregon Film’s mission has been to to promote the development of film, television, commercial, and interactive industry in the Oregon. Additionally, Oregon Film’s goals are to enhance the industry’s revenues, profile, and reputation within Oregon and among the industry internationally.
Oregon Film, a state agency, has a mission to promote, support and advance the film, video, interactive, animation and creative content industries within the state by fostering connections between production, business and public sectors and strengthening this industry’s profile and reputation locally, nationally and internationally.
Here is a selection of the many things Oregon Film does for our community:
- Market Oregon as a filming location
- Recruit out-of-state productions
- Liaise with producers & production groups
- Help build the indigenous film, video, and multimedia industry
- Sponsor industry & community events
- Work with partners to build the creative community
- Advise other entities on creating filming regulations
- Strengthen relationships with local communities
- Provide consumer protection information
- Serve as a spokesperson for the industry